Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day Nov 4th! - VOTE TODAY!

Hi Everyone!  Today is Election Day!
I have already voted and you should go out an do it too!  I took me about 45 minutes to an hour.  Time that was well worth it to be able to have a say in how our country will be run in the future!  
There is NOTHING like the RUSH that you get when you walk out of the voting booth! 
The polls close at 7pm, but if you are in line at 7pm you will NOT be sent away, you WILL be allowed to vote so get out there!

To find out where you can vote just CLICK HERE then click on your state!

 It is INVIGORATING and EXCITING, so GO VOTE!  


(This is a picture of my I voted sticker!  YIPPIE!)

AND... in case you still need a little consoling & cajoling to go vote there are several businesses that are lining up to convince you with FREEBIES FOR VOTING!

Note:  All you need to do is show walk into each company's establishments with an "I Voted!" sticker like the picture of mine above! (sticker designs vary, but they all still count!)

Starbucks Coffee Co. - A FREE cup of their TALL size fresh brewed coffee.

Chick-Fil-A - FREE Chicken sandwich!  (I would suggest making Chick-Fil-A your last freebie stop since they will take your "I Voted" sticker from you, unlike the other freebie companies.)

Krispy Kreme Doughnut Co. - A FREE doughnut!

Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Stores - FREE ice cream!

Personal story:  I am 23 years old now and I still remember my grandfather being the first person to take me with him on election day to vote!  The impact of him just bringing me along was a lasting one!  It taught me the importance of standing up for what you believe in while exercising it in a constructive forum!

My point:  If you are a parent, as I will be one day, PLEASE TAKE YOUR KIDS TO THE POLLS TOO!  You are teaching responsibility, proactivity, and the importance of country & choice when you do so!

Happy Voting & Happy Freebies we live in a GREAT country!

No comments: